Saturday, August 4, 2012

The Rhythm of Colors


Color blocking isn't for the faint of heart; it also isn't necessarily for the short of stature.

This season's big trend of color blocking takes bold opposites on the color wheel as Ogi mentions, complementary colors, and puts them together for the widest contrast possible. The only other extreme color block combination is black/white. 

So, primary colors on the color wheel are red, blue and yellow; secondary colors are purple (a mixture of blue/red), green (yellow/blue), and orange (red/yellow).  The optimal color block scheme would be to take a red, mix it with a green.
I have to admit I really love the Color Blocking trend right now. I’m a big color person,I like something in 2 or more colors. What makes color blocking a nice alternative from a pattern is that your outfit remains fairly simple. Don’t get me wrong, I love patterns probably.I’m a solids type of girl… What usually happens is that I start with a solid, color blocked base and add patterned bags, shoes, scarves and sweaters on top.
What do you guys think about the color blocking trend? Love it? Hate it? Would you rather wear a big bold pattern? I’m really interested in all that.




No comments:

Post a Comment